On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:05:02 -0500, Christopher Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Stefan wrote:
but where do I need a single "&" in the generated XML. That's forbidden
a causes the problems. Can You come up a use case?

Oh, I'm not saying that it's a good idea. I actually agree that emitting
a single & doesn't make any sense.

Compare this to XSLT. If you want a stylesheet to emit an '&', don't you
use &amp;? And if you want to emit '&amp;' you have to double it.

No, if your output method is XML (or XHTML in XSL v2) then it does not convert it to &. If your output is HTML or text then it does.

Why not just use XSL or something like Velocity or Freemarker?

best,
-Rob