Ok .... forgive me now, but this is getting confusing. Where does result come into this picture? Were you expecting actionBean to be an instance of a different class? You aren't offering a lot to go on here.

--David

Piotr Kiraga wrote:
> The problem is that there could be a class that has no property with
> name result. In another case there could be another class (bean) that
> has such property (than of course it works fine, but at first case
> Tomcat throws exception).

Maybe.... but let's keep debugging simple.  The expression language is
expecting a class conforming to the JavaBeans standard.  What does the
class "com.some.packages.action.LoginActionBean" look like?

Here is LoginActionBean class code (like I sad before, there is no
result field, so getter and seter either):

package com.some.packages.action;

import net.sourceforge.stripes.action.ActionBean;
import net.sourceforge.stripes.action.ActionBeanContext;
import net.sourceforge.stripes.action.DefaultHandler;
import net.sourceforge.stripes.action.DontValidate;
import net.sourceforge.stripes.action.ForwardResolution;
import net.sourceforge.stripes.action.Resolution;
import net.sourceforge.stripes.validation.LocalizableError;
import net.sourceforge.stripes.validation.Validate;

import com.some.packages.util.Global;
import com.some.packages.util.SessionManager;
import com.some.packages.vo.UserVO;

/**
* @author Piotr Kiraga
* @since 2007-02-15 12:13:06
*/
public class LoginActionBean implements ActionBean {

    private ActionBeanContext context;
    private String forwardSuccess = "/calculator.jsp";
    private String forwardFail = "/index.jsp";
@Validate(required=true, mask="^.{4,8}$") private String userName;
    @Validate(required=true, mask="^.{1,8}$") private String password;

/* execute *************************************************************************/ /*
     * Handler method.
     * Handles default action.
     */
    @DefaultHandler
    @DontValidate
    public Resolution init() {
        return new ForwardResolution(forwardFail);
    }
/*
     * Handler method.
     * Handles login action.
     */
    public Resolution login() {
if ( SessionManager.authorize(getContext(), getUserName(), getPassword()) ) {
            return new ForwardResolution(forwardSuccess);
        }
        else {
            this.getContext().getValidationErrors().addGlobalError(new
LocalizableError("login.error.invalidUserOrPass", userName));
            return init();
        }
    }

/* validation **********************************************************************/ /* getters and setters
*************************************************************/
public String getPassword() {
        return password;
    }

    public void setPassword(String password) {
        this.password = password;
    }

    public String getUserName() {
        return userName;
    }

    public void setUserName(String userName) {
        this.userName = userName;
    }

    public ActionBeanContext getContext() {
        return context;
    }

    public void setContext(ActionBeanContext context) {
        this.context = context;
    }

}

Regards,