Hi list,

I'm trying to use the manager webapp for the custom Ant tasks on Tomcat 6.0.9 with Sun Solaris 10. I've gone into the tomcat-users.xml file and created a username/password admin/admin that has the manager role. However, when I try to connect to the manager webapp by pointing my browser to http://localhost:port/manager, I get the error:

_The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

_I know I must be missing something obvious. I've searched Google for suggestions and I've read the Manager How-To online but to no avail. Perhaps I am missing some directories in my Tomcat installation? When I try to navigate to http://localhost:port/tomcat-docs I receive the same error.

Is it possible I have a directory in the wrong place? I doubt that would be the case because I simply downloaded the Tomcat 6.0.9 core distribution and followed the instructions. Do I need the deployer or something?

Thanks,
Dan