Hi,

As far as I understand, libraries can be placed anywhere as long as that
directory is in the path (environment variable, not classpath), while the
jni java side has to be placed either in the shared or common directories. I
have it working in the shared directory, so that Tomcat does not try to load
the libraries more than once.

   --Luis R.