I have a related issue. (should the be a separate thread?)

I had two instances of Tomcat5.5 on a windows XP Pro Workstation.
And I had a "batch" file I got off the web to launch the second instance using a shared CATALINA_HOME but each with a different CATALINA_BASE

When I upgraded to Tomcat6 it broke the startup. I tried to modify it by changing paths and the like but it failed.

Anyone have an updated method for doing this?
PK