Hello,

module binaries for Apache httpd 2.0 and 2.2 are definitely incompatible. Combining httpd 2.0 and mod_jk compiled for 2.2 will result in completely undefined behaviour!

Although most modules compile unchanged from source for 2.0 and 2.2 (so does mod_jk), the resulting binary only works for the httpd version (2.0 or 2.2) it has been compiled for.

Since there are no 2.0 binaries for download available until now, you need to compile the module yourself. If you've got apxs/apxs2 on your system (a version that came with your httpd 2.0) and a gcc compiler, compiling mod_jk is *very* simple. Just "./configure --with-apxs=/path/to/apxs" and then "make".

Regards,

Rainer

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,

I guess everyone has heard about the security issue that was fixed in mod_jk recently.

I did install the new version, but since then I see a lot of log entries from mod_jk like :

jk_uri_worker_map.c (614)]: In jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, wrong parameters

The Apache Log shows entries like
Destroying config 0x800b5c10
Creating new config (0x800d8060) for (null)

The maschines seem to work fine, but I suspect, I have installed a wrong connector version.

My Tomcat 5.5 and Apache2.0 are on a MACHTYPE=i686-suse-linux

I installed mod_jk-1.2.21-apache-2.2.x-linux-i686.so as binary as there is no linux binary for apache2.0. I have not found decisive information about what version to use in the documentation.

So here is my question at last: Should the mod_jk apache2.2 binary support also apache 2.0 (and the errors are caused by something else)?

Kind regards,

Peter Henningsen
Senior Consultant