(Tomcat 4.x)

I have the following url that runs an application (pseudo url for discussion only)

http://www.mydomain.com/mysite/thecontext

works fine..

I would like to configure it so that..

http://www.mydomain.com

gets me to the same place..

I can place a "redirect" html page at

http://www.mydomain.com/mysite/index.html

which redirects to

http://www.mydomain.com/mysite/thecontext

but have yet to get a plain

http://www.mydomain.com

to work.. I keep getting either the "No Context configured....." error or the dreaded index of the directory..

I've tried Aliaes, Document root, Directory, and various JkMount settings in the Virtual host conf file that seemed like it might work, but so far, no joy.. (Tried Googling it, but have not come up with the right key words..)

Some of the things I have tried  in the conf file..

==========================
Alias /mysite "usr/tomcat/webapps/mysite"
Alias / "usr/tomcat/webapps/mysite"

DocumentRoot "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/mysite/"

<Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/mysite">
       Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
       DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
 </Directory>

   JkMount /mysite/thecontext  ajp13
   JkMount /mysite/*.jsp  ajp13

..variations of..
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13 -- gives me a dreaded index of the correct directory
  JkMount /*.html  ajp13  -- same as above
  JkMount /*.  ajp13  -- blank document (strange)
  JkMount /*  ajp13  -- context error

Suggestions appreciated..

(all of my other machines are running Tomcat 5.. I will be moving this app next month.. so a Tomcat 5 suggestion would be welcome as well)

John..