On 14/03/2007, at 3:17 PM, Peter Crowther wrote:

From: Leon Rosenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
There is no real advantage in multi-instancing.

A minor advantage is that if you allocate one webapp per container, if
one webapp fails it only takes down its own container.  Well-coded
webapps "should" never cause this - and, of course, we all manage
completely bug-free webapps all the time, don't we? :-)

Actually, according to the JSP spec, one Webapp is not allowed to effect
the other, so if you use Tomcat, one Webapp can not take out the other...

:-)

<Duck and run for cover>

Cheers

Andrew