If I open an IE from windows desktop, and then access the link, it will start a
new session. Is there any control on cookie, like do not use cookie for this
new window?
Thanks!
Christopher Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED
MESSAGE-----

Dave,

Dave wrote:
> I am using servlet. How to open a window in a new session?
>
> I tried javascript
>
> onclick="window.open(...)"
>
> but the opened window belongs to the same servlet session (see from
> user login name).

If you are using cookie-based session id tracking, you might not be able
to do this at all.

If you switch to URL-encoded session id tracking, you can simply leave
the session id out of the popup's URL and your popup will not inherit
the current session from the old one.