Rashmi Rubdi wrote:
You are right, the set-up I've mentioned only works for one application.

Perhaps you want to configure multiple virtual hosts.

I already use virtual hosts..
There's an example on that here:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Guide+to+using+Apache+Tomcat's+Virtual+Hosts
Interesting but.. I already do that, as best as I can tell..

You won't need Apache HTTP connector, just Tomcat is fine I think (not sure).
My understanding is that Tomcat by itself is not nearly as a robust and HTTP service.. At least that is what I used to hear, both here and in many other postings and books..

????

because the above configuration uses name-based virtual hosting, you need to have entries in your
DNS server for "app1" and "app2" that point to the application server

.. yes I also do that already..

The problem I'm having is that a java web app is generally called via a "context" Since there are MANY webapps in the system I can place a single webapp in the "root"..

therefore how do I map a single host.domain to a virtual host..

Currently I have

http://www.mydomain.com/mysite/thecontext

..where "mysite" is a sub-directory under "webapps" and "thecontext" is the context of that web application using JkMount

I would like to configure it so that..

http://www.mydomain.com

..also brings up that same webapp..

Make sense..???

I can currently do this by mapping

http://www.mydomain.com to an Apache Htdocs virtual host service with a "redirect" to..

http://otherhost.mydomain.com/mysite/thecontext

..where "otherhost" is a DNS entry for that domain of which there is also a virtual host in Tomcat.

I was hopping I did not have to do this convolluted system, as it is easy to forget what is happening and someone (employee) could easily mess it up..

Is that clearer now..??

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions..

John..