http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/

check out GlobalErrorReportValve

Filip

Peter Kennard wrote:
At 16:58 3/20/2007, you wrote:
> From: Peter Kennard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Custom error page on Tomcat 6
>
> Can one make a class that spits out the error page that recieves the
> "code number" as input, (and/or maybe an Exception handle if the
> servelet threw an exception which caused the error) and an
> OutputStream to write back to the requester on?

Much of it, and in a hurry :)

Sometimes "spec" docs often leave specific implementation details "ambiguous" or TBD and often hard to decypher simple answers to things from :)

Thanks for the link!

"I think yes it is covered in section 9.9" ?
Or
"I don't think so it is covered in section 9.9" ?

Have you read the servlet spec?  This is covered in section 9.9:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr154/index.html

 - Chuck