Hi!
I've got an apache (1.3.33) with mod_jk (1.2.21) connecting to two tomcats (5.5.17) on other servers using a load balacer. (All running debian.) I also have mounted a jkstatus on a directory.

My problem is that the jkstatus is never displaying the runtime state of the workers. I always get "N/A" in the "Balancer Members" under the "Stat" column.

I've started it with working tomcats, tomcats blocked by a firewalls and pointing towards localhost (that doesn't have any tomcats at all) but all i get is "N/A".

I've read all I could find on http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/ but without result and no good hits using google. (jkstatus I find, but info on the state is worse).

Am I missing something obvious somewhere?

I'll paste my settings below in case someone can help me.

Btw: Thanks to the people who wrote and added stuff to:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/loadbalancers.html
Really nice page, setting it up initially worked very well following the instructions there.

Regards Erik Melkersson

httpd.conf:
**********
LoadModule jk_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkShmFile     logs/httpd/mod_jk.shm
JkLogFile     logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    info

<Location /test/jkmanager/>
    JkMount jkstatus
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from [nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn]
</Location>
<Location /test/cms/>
  SetEnv JK_WORKER_NAME cms
  SetHandler jakarta-servlet
  ErrorDocument 503 /index-cmsfail.html
</Location>

worker.properties
*****************
worker.list=servlethotel,cms,jkstatus

worker.jkstatus.type=status

worker.servlethotel.type=ajp13
worker.servlethotel.host=nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
worker.servlethotel.port=8009
worker.servlethotel.socket_timeout=10

worker.cms.type=lb
worker.cms.balance_workers=cmsfront2,cmsfront3

worker.cmsfront2.type=ajp13
worker.cmsfront2.host=nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
worker.cmsfront2.port=8009
worker.cmsfront2.lbfactor=1
worker.cmsfront2.redirect=cmsfront3

worker.cmsfront3.type=ajp13
worker.cmsfront3.host=nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
worker.cmsfront3.port=8009
worker.cmsfront3.lbfactor=1
worker.cmsfront3.activation=disabled

# Note: the servlethotel-worker is pointing to another tomcat and
# should not be involved but it is in my file so I let it be there
# for "completeness sake"