> From: Ryan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: requiring multiple roles for access
>
> I would like to require a user to belong to two roles to
> access a certain application (i.e. user must belong to role1
> AND role2 to access). I've tried the following in my web.xml....
>       <auth-constraint>
>            <role-name>role1</role-name>
>            <role-name>role2</role-name>
>       </auth-constraint>
>
> Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work (it seems to allow
> role1 OR role2).

As expected; to quote from the servlet spec:

"A user must be a member of at least one of the named roles to be
permitted to perform the constrained requests."

> Is what I'm trying to do possible??

The easiest way might be just to define a separate role for this purpose
rather than trying to piggy-back off combinations.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.