> From: prt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Problem in MySQL JNDI Resource..
>
> <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" ...>
> <Context path="/test1" debug="0" reloadable="true"

The <Context> element should not be placed in server.xml, since changing
it requires restarting Tomcat.  Put it in your webapp's
META-INF/context.xml file instead, and remove the path attribute.

> </host>

I hope the above is really </Host>.

> I start my Apache tomcat 5 on port 80 and everything work good in
> "http://localhost/test1";.

Are you using 5.0 or 5.5?  The resource configuration is different for
each.  Check the Tomcat docs for the appropriate level for details.

> Now i want to access test1 from this link "http://localhost/";.
> So i changed server.xml to,
>
> <Context path="/" debug="0" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

The path attribute should be "", not "/" - but then you shouldn't have
the <Context> element there anyway.  To make an app the default app, its
name must be ROOT, and it should be placed in [appBase]/ROOT (or
[appBase]/ROOT.war).

> I try to put the mysql Connector jar in common/lib And server/lib And
> shared/lib but still i get the same error.

Do not put the same jar in multiple places - that guarantees you will
have problems.  Your JDBC driver jar of choice normally goes into
common/lib or WEB-INF/lib only.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.