c. wrote:
so would it make sense to assume that since SSL worked without any extra
config changes when I added the AJP config that it should work without any
changes when using mod_proxy_http?
correct, the info I gave you is for when you want SSL between apache and tomcat, you are obviously talking about SSL between the browser and the apache httpd server.

if you don't need SSL between apache and tomcat (which you obviously don't need since you ran AJP before) then don't bother with SSL for mod_proxy either

Filip