From: David Delbecq [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 March 2007 12:11
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Sharing compiled JSPs

En l'instant précis du 28/03/07 00:14, Steve Vangasse s'exprimait en ces
termes:
> My application has a large number of contexts under virtual hosts that
> use the same set of webapps. At present, all the JSPs are compiled to
> a different scratch directory under tomcat/work for each context. Is
> it possible to use a shared scratch directory to save on perm gen
> memory and cut down the load on the Jasper compiler?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

You can do precompilation to limit precompile time, you can the webapp folder
to limit the number of .class files in filesystem (well a very minor impact
considreing current disk space)

However, you can not save on perm gen because each webapp has it's own
classloader, and the JSP must should loaded from within that classloader. Well
you could *try* to move those precompiled JSP to the common classloader, but i
would expect lots of troubles doing it. You could also *try* to move all your
application to common classloader, but be very careful, some J2EE framework
user singleton patterns and as such must be in separated classloaders.