Hi Mladen (and other experts),

many thanks for the information. After much mess I manged to integrate
Tomcat
into IIS 7.0 once. In order to rectify things I tried to do the integration
again
starting with a plain Vista Ultimate installation. Yet, I did not succeed
again!

Here is what I did:

1. I installed Vista Ultimate. During installation I choose the option that
   all available updates should be installed too.

2. I installed Java and Tomcat with my webapp included. Connecting directly
   Tomcat with a browser I checked that the webapp is up.

3. I installed IIS. In the dialog to turn Windows features on or off I first
   clicked on the root node "Internet Information Services" which selects a
   default set of features. Then I added ISAPI Extensions & ISAPI Filters
   resulting in the following selection:

Internet Information Services
---Web Management Tools
------IIS Management Console
---World Wide Web Services
------Application Development Features
---------ISAPI Extensions
---------ISAPI Filters
------Common Http Features
---------Default Document
---------Directory Browsing
---------HTTP Errors
---------Static Content
------Health and Diagnostics
---------HTTP Logging
---------Request Monitor
------Performance Features
---------Static Content Compression
------Security
---------Request Filtering

4. After the IIS components were installed I started the IIS Manager.

4.1 On the server node opened the "ISAP and CGI Restrictions" and added the
    isapi_redirect.dll allowing this extension path to execute.

4.2 On the default web site I added a new virtual directory and entered its
    alias ("polfha") and as physical path the directory where
isapi_redirect.dll resides.

4.3 On the default web site I opened the "ISAPI Filters" and added the
    isapi_redirect.dll naming the filter "polfha".

4.4 Finally, on the node of the "polfha" virtual directory I opened the
   "Handler Mappings" and enabled the "ISAP-dll" handler. Selecting the
   "ISAPI-dll" handler I edited the handler permissions having "Read",
   "Script", and "Execute" checked.

After I had restarted IIS I tried to reach my webapp at
"http://localhost/polfha/index.html";. I got an "404.0" error. I assume that
the redirector configuration is correct because it worked once under Vista
and
it works always under Windows 2000 / XP.

Any ideas? Thanks for your attention!

--Stefan