Hello group,

I am using a Tomcat webservice to send data from an application under IBM Websphere on a
Windows 2003 server to a DB2 database on an iSeries.
Tomcat runs on the iSeries, version is 5.5.4, java version is 1.4.2.

In the setup of one customer an error occurs in the Websphere application, which seems to be a timeout. The iSeries machine this customer uses is seriously outdated and the load from other applications is rather heavy. Tomcat / my webservice run without any errors, just a bit slow. However, I can not reproduce the error in my own testing application because the machine I use myself is very modern - and fast. Therefore I am not sure
whether a timeout is the actual problem. My loggings do not give me any useful
information.

So my question is: would there be an easy way to make Tomcat on my iSeries machine run rediculously slow? Unfortunately I can't modify any OS400 settings, and also I can't modify the code of my webservice. I am looking for a method in the Tomcat configuration
itself, if that is possible at all.

Kind regards,
Lucas