You will definitely have to read a bit about standard configuration of Sun Web Server.

The web server docs will tell you, that the order of NameTrans directives is relevant. I expect the file system rule comes first in your config, before the jk NameTrans.

If you want to debug such issues: with jk log level debug, you will notice entries in the jk log file as soon, as the web server let's jk handle a request. No log items will tell you, that the configuration of the web server doesn't forward the request to the jk nsapi plugin.

By the way: there is one bug with the jk nsapi plugin: it doesn't use persistent connections to tomcat at the moment. The fix is a one liner and will be in 1.2.23. This will not cause any functional problems, but performance will be sub optimal.

Regards,

Rainer

Rajiv M wrote:
I have tried couple of tests with jsp and servlet redirection to
Tomcat. jsp(s) work fine. Having a problem with servlets.

To begin with, here is my obj.conf settings:
NameTrans fn=pfx2dir from=/try dir="/usr/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.0/webapps"
NameTrans fn="assign-name" from="/try/servlets-examples/*" name="jknsapi"
NameTrans fn="assign-name" from="/try/jsp-examples/*.jsp" name="jknsapi"

I have Tomcat 5.5 running.

When i launch http://sunserver:port/try/servlet-examples it loads the
default html page listing the Servlet examples. But when I click on
Execute none of the servlets seem to be invoked.

server logs this error:
[13/Apr/2007:21:21:09] warning ( 4552): for host 9.182.74.72 trying to
GET /try/servlets-examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample, send-file
reports: HTTP4142: can't find
/usr/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.0/webapps/servlets-examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
(File not found)

So it looks for servlets under webapps/servlet-examples/servlet

How to rectify this and invoke Tomcat example servlets from SunOne server

Thanks
Rajiv