Hi,

I have some Application Servers (tomcat) and 1 web server (httpd apache).
(Linux RedHtat 3)
Apache works with the worker mpm.
There is an Apache Tomcat connector to link the web server to the ASs.
I'm trying to limit the number of connection from the web server to the ASs,
using the worker.properties item "connection_pool_size".

For example, I set the following properties in the httpd.conf :

<IfModule worker.c>
ServerLimit         20
StartServers        20
MaxClients        400
MinSpareThreads     40
MaxSpareThreads    100
ThreadsPerChild     20
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

And set, in the workers.properties of the web server, for all the ASs :

worker.<server_name>.connection_pool_size=1

So, there should be at the maximum, 20 connections (20 worker.httpd process *
connection_pool_size = 20) from the apache web server to each AS, but in fact,
I saw up to 30 connections from the web server to each AS.

Did I understand well how it works ? Why does the "connection_pool_size"
doesn't work ?

Thanks,

Benoit.

Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur
Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com