Well, anyway the lifecycle should be well-defined, and I doubt that it
currently is well-defined.

If I try to find a better name for class CometEvent which reflects the
lifecycle of it's instances
according to the current implementation, the name CometRequest fits much better
than the name CometConnection,
but it does not fit perfectly yet.

Have a look at my posting in thread 'Memory Leak with Comet' for more details.

Matthias