Thank you very much for the two answers.

I don't know Java servlet enough to make PartsXupdate work
but now I have a way to follow.

I highly recommend reading the servlet spec.  There you will see a
servlet extends HttpServlet and overrides one or more of it's methods.

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=154

--David

Now that I've changed the class file,
and re-do the deployment, Tomcat first show me
HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method POST is not supported by this URL
than I modify PartsXupdate.java as below
and only work the out.println

import org.xmldb.api.base.*;
import org.xmldb.api.modules.*;
import org.xmldb.api.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import java.io.*;

public class PartsXupdate extends HttpServlet {

public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
throws ServletException, IOException {

PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
out.println("Commento Inserito");
}

     Collection col = null;
     try {
        String driver = "org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl";
        Class c = Class.forName(driver);

        Database database = (Database) c.newInstance();
        DatabaseManager.registerDatabase(database);

col = DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db/test");

String xupd = "<xupdate:modifications version=\"1.0\" xmlns:xupdate=\"http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate\";>" +
"<xupdate:insert-after select=\"/scheda/info\">"  +
"<xupdate:element name=\"commento\">Bel libro!</xupdate:element>"  +
"</xupdate:insert-after>"  +
"</xupdate:modifications>";

   String nome = "4.xml";

           /* We are using XUpdateQueryService */
           XUpdateQueryService service =
(XUpdateQueryService) col.getService("XUpdateQueryService", "1.0");

           service.updateResource(nome, xupd);
     }
     catch (XMLDBException e) {
        System.err.println("XML:DB Exception occurred " + e.errorCode);
     }
     finally {
         if (col != null) { col.close();}
     }