Hmm,

good point, but the HTTP/1.1 Spec RFC2616 (chapter 8.1, 14.10) not describe that server must close the connection as header Connection: close is set. This means that tomcat currently wait for socket timeout
before connection is close.

I have analyse the tomcat 6 trunk and see that we only made
spezial handling to set Content-Type and Content-Lenght. (Repsonse.checkSpecialHeader(String,String)

At Http11Processor it is easly to add the connection close feature, but at NIO and APR it seems complicate.

Peter