Your could put the properties file in WEB-INF/classes which is equivalent to storing it in the jar file. Otherwise we'll need to know more about where you are storing your properties file to help.

-- David

Mike Peremsky wrote:
I created some utility classes that read proeprties files (e.g.
com.mvp.utils.ExtProperties). In the method where I try to load the properties
file I have
package com.mvp.utils; class ExtProperties { private static PropertyResourceBundle loadProperties(String propsFile) { PropertyResourceBundle prb =
           (PropertyResourceBundle) ResourceBundle.getBundle(propsFile);
return prb;
     }
  }
This file is then compiled and placed in a jar file, which is copied to my Tomcat\common\lib directory. Whenver I try to call the ExtProperties class it fails to find the properties file. If I include the properties file in the jar file it finds it with no problem. I assume that this is a class loader problem (which which I am not very familiar). What do I need to do to get the class in the jar file to find the properties files external to it? Do I need to specify the full path to the file? TIA - Mike

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

--
David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor