Hi,I would like to replace a particular legacy component in our system with a
re-written Java component running on tomcat.  The old component communicates
with other components over TCP via a proprietary 3-step protocol.  As other
components in the system are replaced, I would like to move the to a
combination of SOAP and HTTP Posts of XML files for implementing this
communication.  In the mean time, however, I would like my application to
continue to support the old protocol.1) It seems that the default behaviour of
tomcat is to work with HTTP requests.  Is there a way to get it to accept a
proprietary protocol over TCP (i.e. no HTTP Headers)?2) Additionally, i know
how to build a stateless servlet in Tomcat.  This, however, will need to be a
statefull one.  What's the best way to keep track of the data for all the
active sessions?Thanks in advance,kingraine
Create the ultimate e-mail address book. Import your contacts to Windows Live
Hotmail.
www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/managemail2.html?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_impcont_0507