> From: Paulo Alvim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RES: Urgent: PermGen memory leak in a NetBeans
> developed tomcat application
>
> We've this classic problem (using Tomcat 5.x) with PermGen
> but in our case the leak occurs after a hot redeploy of any
> application.

There are a couple of common causes for this, plus numerous more unusual
ones.  The two common ones are a shared library class keeping a
reference to a webapp class or object, and injudicious use of
ThreadLocal.  More discussion here:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/pages/viewpage.action?
pageId=2669

 - Chuck