Eclipse Web Tools sets up its own Tomcat configuration, somewhere down
in the bowels of the workspace directory. That config does not include
the standard Tomcat ROOT webapp. You might be able to just copy the
files from your Tomcat webapps/ROOT dir to the appropriate place in
the Eclipse workspace dir - but I'm not sure that will work because
Eclipse has a way of copying files around and it has duplicate copies
of some Tomcat config files.
--
Len