On 5/20/07, Lluis Gifre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to install Tomcat 6.x in a Windows XP x64 system.

I need to know if there is any problem with the 64-bit systems and tomcat...

The only problem I've faced is with the Windows Installer (I don't
remember exactly what the problem was - the mistake could be that I
mis configured Tomcat) , but I un-installed Windows Installed Tomcat ,
and downloaded the zip version and unzipped it to a folder that
doesn't contain white spaces.

In your case you would set environment variables JRE_HOME to the root
folder of your JRE's and CATALINA_HOME to the root folder of Tomcat.

With the above configuration I haven't had any problems with Tomcat on
Windows XP.

> I have the 64-bit version of JRE version 1.6.0 and the jvm.dll file version
is: 6.0.10.6.

The problem is that when i start the service it doesn't start. I attach the
log-files generated by tomcat.

Attachments are filtered out, please paste the relevant contents of
the log file.

Please give me an answer.

Thanks in advance,

Lluis