I don't understand. Are you able to access login.html from outside your server machine? The socketpermerission problem you have sounds like a firewall issue or a administrator privileges problem not allowing you to accept incoming sockets. Are you running with administrator privs on XP?

XP and Linux deal with firewalls and permissions differently. Linux is a bit more straight forward in my opinion. You just accept queries on 8080 and then redirect port 80 if you want to resolve static pages. SELinux can be an issue, but is usually simple to solve by tweaking a setting.

Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
Thank you. It's working now, the application can be accessed but when I type a file name
to access a file in the server, I got an error
"java.security.AccessControlException:access denied (java.net.SocketPermission
localhost:8080 connect, resolve)". How can I solve this problem? For your
information, I'm now using Windows XP Operating System but I plan to use Linux Fedora
Operaing System later. Is there a difference in accessing the application using different
operating system? Thank you.
Yours Sincerely,
  TEH

David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Include the port number in your request -- ie http://ipaddress:8080/login.html

--David

Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
Dear All,

I've tested my applications using http://localhost:8080/login.html in the same computer
and it works. However, when I tried to acces my applications using an IP Address in
another computer by typing http://ipaddress/login.html, "The page cannot be
found" is displayed. How can I access my applications using IP address? Please help
me. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
TEH

--------------------------------- Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.