It opens up a listening socket on the loopback address.  The second
process connects to this socket and sends a message telling tomcat to
shut down.

Mark

On 5/22/07, Johnny Kewl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
=Start Stop Mechanism=
I see that START goes into a wait loop... and it will pop out of this when STOP
is called.  I understand how this works from a single program (process), but I
cant understand how this works from start and stop bat files... or in two calls
from 2 separate processes. To me that will launch an instance and start it...
and launch a separate instance and stop it... never shall the 2 meet??? How
does that work?