Thanks Chuck and Venkat,

I wasn't aware it wasn't compatible, and there wasn't a way to know
unless I tried it.

But next time, this question arises, I'll remember.

It would be helpful to see something about the Admin app on this page:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi

for example:

Admin App 6.0.x (Under Development)

so people looking for it would know that it isn't available yet,
unless they're supposed to be looking in the mail archives.

-Regards
Rashmi