I would think that they have apache httpd running in font of tomcat
and the page is displayed by that.

On 5/24/07, Praveen Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for  your ans.

They  should  provide  some option  saying  send mail to  xxxxx before
shutdown.

That will be more helpful.

And one more  thing i have seen many  pages saying

Server is down  , sorry  ........
They will tell some time to  come  up  ....

right   , how they will  implement  this  ?

Is they are  providing some backup server for that  ?

What is  logic behind that  ?

Any help  ove  this  ?

Thanks
Praveen.

On 5/24/07, Pid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Praveen Kumar wrote:
> > Hi Raghu,
> >

> > Right now i am using  this logic  only. it is working fine.
> >
> > Is  there any  another way  to monitor  tomcat server  ?
> >
> > I mean , Is  tomcat server  group  provides  any  feature to fulfil this
> > requirement  ?
> >
> > Any  help  ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Praveen
>
> If you're asking whether Tomcat can send a message saying that it has
> shutdown, then no it can't - mostly because it's shutdown...
>
> There's no monitoring software provided with Tomcat.
>

> > On 5/24/07, Raghupathy, Gurumoorthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >>

> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-monitor-test-plan.html
> >>

> >> this works great :)

Thanks