Hi

I have been tearing my hair out recently with an annoying
problem.  I want to serve XHTML+MathML documents from
a servlet.  The problem is that it seems that these can
only be viewed with IE and the plugin (MathPlayer) if
the server sends
in the HTTP header without specifying a charset.  Every
possible charset screws things up because of - I
presume - the mime type recogniser built in to IE is
not triggering the MathPlayer filter correctly when a
charset is present in the Content-Type header.

Unfortunately I have not found a way to stop Tomcat
in adding some unwanted default charset (I am using
Tomcat 5.5), and unless Microsoft decide to make
IE open source in the very near future this seems to
be my only chance of a workaround.

Please could someone help me by posting a Hello-world
servlet that serves a document with this Content-Type
header?  I have tried all the obvious things with no
success...

Thanks

Richard