From: David kerber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:00 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat stopped logging

Propes, Barry L wrote:
> I'm not even close to that!
> I'm at about 4.7 MB! For the logs anyway...isn't that the directory to
which you're referring?

> But one thing I do wonder about...seems as if someone had told me one
time there was a finite amount of folders or items that could be in a
Windows directory, like 256 for example. I currently have 253, but I haven't
encountered this problem since a few weeks back.

If there is a limit (and I don't think there is except for the root
directory), it's huge; I have several NTFS directories with tens of
thousands of files in them.

> I did go ahead and zip up a bunch of old log files, but I don't think it
was too big of an issue at the time.

Tomcat