To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 1:32 PM
Subject: jsp-output in wrong frames

Hello list,

We are using Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 with jvm 1.5.0_07-b03 on Linux Kernel
2.6.19.2-monolithic (suse) together with Apache2 using the httpd2-worker
configuration.
Tomcat is given 512-1024 MB Ram by java with permGemMem of 256 MB. The
application is a struts-app using frames (top-left-main).
All is working fine with two exceptions:
First: Sometimes (every couple of days) the connection count is rising and after a while tomcat uses 99% of processor time. This occurs when spammers are trying to put spam in our discussion boards and the manipulated urls they are using are causing soem errors. Only solution is to kill the tomcat process - a graceful
reload of tomcat isn´t possible any more. Most of the time after restarting
tomcat all is working fine again but sometimes this doesn´t help: I have to
reboot the server (IBM xS23ver x330, 2x1,1 GHz, 2 GB RAM). Strangely, these
serious problems occur every 40-50 days.
Second: Sometimes the jsps were delivered in the wrong frames. The content is puzzled - randomly other parts of the application are showing in the frames. If
I look at the frame information in Firefox the given Url is correct but the
content doesn´t match the url. The is a most annoying thing for our customers
(and us as well) and we would be very grateful for a suggestion.

Load: about 3000 visits / 35.000 pageviews / 100.000 hits a day.

Thanks for your help.

Norbert

Regards,
Norbert

Norbert Hirneisen

science4you Online-Monitoring
http://www.science4you.org
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Please visit us:
http://www.science4you.org
(in German)

Euro+Med Plant Conservation