From: Pid [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 5:25 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: context.xml locations and servlet mappings

One META-INF/context.xml per Context is the intended usage.

The appBase "../your/app/base" should contain:

.../app/base/ROOT/index.jsp
.../app/base/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml
.../app/base/ROOT/META-INF/context.xml

.../app/base/Other/index.jsp
.../app/base/Other/WEB-INF/web.xml
.../app/base/Other/META-INF/context.xml

for "/index.jsp" and "/Other/index.jsp", where ROOT is the location for
the default Context.

Angelov, Rossen wrote:
> Chris,
>
> This didn't help. Removing them is not generating errors, the servlet
> still loads on startup, but then the mapping don't work.
>
> It doesn't make sense to remove the path and the docBase. Especially
the
> docBase, it specifies the Context Root. If it's empty, it probably
uses
> the host appBase for root, but this is incorrect. I should be able to
> specify the context root. What about the cases when there are more
than
> one contexts per host?
>
> The problem seems to be somewhere else, but thanks for the advise.
>
> Ross

confidential and not for third party unauthorized distribution"