I would consider your license and mac id work to be a waste of time.
If they want to crack your software, they will.
Instead just attach your company's software license to it.

Instead spend the time building the application so good that they will want to buy it from you, and buy support for it as well.

Filip

Li wrote:
Hi guys,

Our company is going to deploy a system externally. In order to prevent
illegal deployment by our customer to other tomcat in case. My boss asked me to embed our license ID into the tomcat by building our own tomcat. I had
done several work such as creating a manager for our customized tomcat to
checkout MAC ID of the machine and license ID of the deployed system. I am not so sure this is a good solution for securing deployment and our system.

Any ideas?