you need to call start(), not run()

Filip

Siraj Haider wrote:
Hello, Now I have changed my servlet. I have created a new class ResultFetcher extended by thread and now I am doing the checking part inside that Thread.run() method. and calling the new class like this :

      ResultFetcher rf = new ResultFetcher(something);
      rf.setDaemon(true);
      rf.run();
      System.out.println("RETURNING THE CONROL~!!!!!!");

now the problem is, its not printing this "RETURNING..." statement until the whole run() process is completed, which is very weird.
thanks
Siraj

Martin Gainty wrote:
Siraj--

Try setting your thread object as a daemon?
thread.setDaemon(true)
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/

M--
addressed. If you have received this email message in error, please notify

----- Original Message ----- From: "Siraj Haider" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>