> From: Diego Rodríguez Martín [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 classloader leak in Commons Pool
>
> I have found that the offending class causing the leak is
> org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.ManagedBean. It keeps two
> attributes referencing my dbcp pool, called resource and
> resourceType.

Are you sure about that class name?  It looks like the fields you've mentioned
are actually in:
    org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean

The resourceType field is a String, so that isn't actually a reference to your
DBCP pool, but resource is just an Object, so that's probably the real culprit.
 There does not appear to be any way to clear the resource field in a
BaseModelMBean, and I don't yet know where references to the BaseModelMBean are
maintained.

What exactly does the resource field reference?  A connection, the DBCP
factory, or ???

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.