Hi experts

I am using Tomcat 5.5 and struts framework and security filter
in order to authenticate users like the others I am using j_security_check
action
but my problem is that I have a field in my user table namely status which
represent whether the user is available or deleted by administrator

the problem is even if it is deleted the tomcat will authenticate and let
that user to sign in, how can I put a condition like "where status = 0" to
prevent the other users to be signed in?

in secirity filter we only specify field names of the table as follows:

<realm-param name="userNameCol" value="userName" />
<realm-param name="userCredCol" value="password" />

any comment would be of a great help

thanks