I had an issue where getLocalAddr() would return 127.0.0.1 rather than
the ip address of my linux box. Altering the /etc/hosts file to
something like the following fixed that. I wonder what effect that
might have for your problem.

192.168.6.173           box box.domain.com
127.0.0.1              localhost