Designing specific web services for this purpose.. comunications within the
same appserver..
sounds a bit depressive.But yes.. could be an option.

Maybe I should move to JBoss or Geronimo and use "ears". But it doesn`t
sound good to my "ears" :-)
I have to open my portlets through wsrp (WSRP4J), so I don`t need to run a
portal sever and I was quite happy with Tomcat right now.. until I didn`t
plan to add Spring and persistency to the data service that should be
accessed from the portlets.. mybe I should develop all my portlet in a
single web app.. but I see this as a limitation as well.