We happend to have similar problems when starting with tomcat.  Our main error
was a failing connection to the database, while the connector had it's retry
flag on.  So the answer to each request was, trying to connect to a
unconnectable database until the timeout has been reached, which is too long
for any busy site of course.

Before you examine all your threads you should test your application for such
errors that delay the answer to requests.

Maybe you should also try to build a test setup, answering very simple to your
requests (hello, world) and push in one application module each time to see
at which state your application breaks.

When you get this error very fast the error should occure at one quite central
point in your code.

Also consult access and error logs of the tomcat process (catalina.out and
similar).

Writing your own log files by your jsp pages is also quite helpfull sometimes.

Am Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2007 15:02 schrieb André Vila Cova:
> Hi!
>
> I've this two processes:
>
> tomcat    6404  0.0  2.6 484396 105456 ?     Sl   01:05   0:14
> /usr/local/java1.5/bin/java -Xms64m -Xmx200m -Xss512k -
> Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -
> Djava.util.logging.conf
> tomcat    6555  0.1  3.8 516420 154452 ?     Sl   01:09   0:39
> /usr/local/java1.5/bin/java -Xms64m -Xmx200m -Xss512k -
> Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -
> Djava.util.logging.conf
>
> Output is null when I execute the following command:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# kill -QUIT 6404
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]#
>
> How can I see what thread is doing?
>
> Thank You
>
> On 7/11/07, Titi Wangsa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > probably some threads are performing database operation
> > and it takes too long so new threads are being spawned,
> > the new threads are also taking too long, so newer threads are being
> > spawned.
> > too much spawning,  that is what is causing the limit break.
> >
> > On 7/12/07, André Vila Cova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I don't think so... I will see..but, why i get the error?
> > > SEVERE: All threads (200) are currently *busy*, waiting. *Increase

Ingo Krabbe                     ASK UNIX Systems
Burggrafenstraße 3
44139 Dortmund

Telefon         0231 4770185
FAX             0231 4770186
E-Mail          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fingerprint     EE5A 6533 EE5E 8F66 EC20 C56A 35FC
                B736 18FD EB5A