did you also have the Oracle jar file in that lib directory? I would have
thought you'd want it in the common/lib dir.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mohammed Zabin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:52 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: MySql Connector

In cotrast, i have installed Oracle and worked very well, but MySql didn't
work with me. I am using Connecter/J from MySql website, the beta version, I
put the jar file in the CATALINA_HOME/lib, and i add it to the CLASSPATH.
and I followed the instructions provided in Tomcat documentation, exactly,
Didn't work :(