Mohammed Zabin wrote:
On 7/27/07, Mohammed Zabin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ok, in the first page, which use a tag, I generate 10 random numbers. and
generate a SQL statement containing this numbers like the following:
SELECT * FROM table WHERE id in ( 2, 3, 5, 10, .... etc). I use a string
to hold the " in " statement and bound it to the whole query string.

After submitting the page, I need to check the validety of the answers,
for the same questions. So, I store the inStr in a session and read it in
the second page.

why not just include the question id in the fieldname and submit with the answer?

<textarea name="question_3">an answer</textarea>
<textarea name="question_5">another answer</textarea>

Enumeration paramNames = request.getParameterNames();
while (paramNames.hasMoreElements()) {
        String name = (String) paramNames.nextElement();
        if (name.startsWith("question_")) {
                String id = name.replaceFirst("question_", "");

                // or remove 'all not digits'
                // String numeric_id = name.replaceAll("\\D", "");

                String value = request.getParameter(name);

                // id=3, value=an answer
                // id=5, value=another answer
        }
}

Regarding concurrency issue, I think that I don't need to synchronize
random number generation. Because I don't have a problem for multiple
requests to have the same set of questions. The most important issue is that
for a given request, I need to submit the same collection of questions
to Results page. And so, i used session to store the questions ids'.