Hi Hugh,

jk autoconf is broken for quite some time now. You can use mod_jk without autoconf, but you will need a little time to setup the config. There are a couple of descriptions concerning configuration in the JK docs.

We might repair autoconf some time, but you shouldn't really use it at the moment. It's not only a question of making it spit out a configuration, but also about how good this configuration is.

The core feature of autoconf was, that it knows, which contexts are deployed in Tomcat, so it can set up JkMount directives. Also it knows, which port the AJP connector listens to. Both things can be really easily setup by hand.

As a starter, read

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/quick.html

and when it works, go deeper into the documentation to read more about better production settings.

Regards,

Rainer

Hugh Acland wrote:
Thanks Rainer,

I have done some more reading and have deduced that I need to use Tomcat to
generate the auto/mod_jk.conf file by starting tomcat with the -jkconf
option.
This doesn't work as I get:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\bin>tomcat5 jkconf
[2007-07-31 12:37:35] [410  prunsrv.c] [error]
The operation completed successfully.
[2007-07-31 12:37:35] [1269 prunsrv.c] [error]
Load configuration failed

Two questions (one retorical!) : how do I generate the auto/mod_jk.conf file
successfully and why doesn't Tomcat ship with this already in place?!

Many thanks again,
Hugh