Petr Sumbera wrote:
Hi Bill and all,

not sure what is the right way for comparison between using and not using APR. I tried Apache ab tool like this:

ab -c 4 -n 10000 http://localhost:8080/favicon.ico

And I don't see any difference. Actually it might be little bit slower with APR. The file size is 21630, so it should use sendfile then (well actually our APR doesn't use sendfile at the moment as far as I know).

The purpose of APR is to change the model from thread-per-connection
to thread-per-request. This means it will behave much faster when
you have 1000 concurrent clients using Keep-Alive (HTTP 1.1).

In that case you'll be able to serve them all with lower number
of maxThreads.

So, try to use the 'normal' test tool instead a brute force one like 'ab'
that will reflect the real load to your boxes.
I mean, the ab (Apache Bench) is a DoS tool, right ;)

Regards,
Mladen.