hi Ben,

could you try the following patch for 1.2.24:

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/mod_jk-dev/patches/fail-on-status.patch

I guess you can build the module yourself (it's easy: configure --with-apxs=PATHTOAPXS; make; make install). Now simply download the source of 1.2.24 and use the patch command to add the above file as a patch. Then build and retest. If you really can't build it yourself let me know.

The patch is not well tested, don't go straight to production with it :)

Regards,

Rainer

ben short wrote:
Sure for stable operation, but what if the machine reboots, tomcat
starts up and your webapp doesn't for some reason. This situation
could occur then.

Many thanks for your help with this one.

Regards

Ben