From: Jon Wingfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 10:13 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: [OT] JDBC problem: PreparedStatement.setTimestamp function
ignores milliseconds in TOMCAT + ddbb Oracle

It's a long time since my last Oracle project ;)
The OP was finding milliseconds weren't being stored. I was under the impression this would be the case if the date datatype were being used instead of a timestamp.

Propes, Barry L wrote:
if he's using Oracle, a date field should take any kind of timestamp variable.
Oracle does have a Timestamp field/data type, but you don't have to make it as
such to get this to work.

Could have been that my JDK API differed slightly from your's.