On 8/18/07, jeusdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've installed Tomcat 5.5 into my Ubuntu + sun-java-1.5, tomcat5.5-webapps
> and tomcat5.5-admin.
>
> I'm in a mess because the structure of directories has changed.
>    For example:
>            *tomcat5.5-webapps package installs

Stop right there :-)  Don't waste your time on this "packaged" stuff.

Use whatever package manager is involved to de-install it totally,
and then download a tar file version from the Tomcat web site.

Untar it in /usr/local or someplace, and be happy :-)

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]